BEST TIME FOR TANZANIA SAFARIS
The best time to visit Tanzania for Wildlife Safaris is during the Dry season from late June to October. The best chance of seeing the wildebeest migration in the Serengeti is during June and July. The time to see the wildebeest calving is late January to February. The popular northern circuit parks (Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake Manyara, and Tarangire National Parks) can be visited year-round. Tarangire is the only exception since its wildlife viewing is considerably better in the Dry season as well.
June to October (All parks), June-July and January-February (Serengeti for the wildebeest migration and calving)
July to March (northern circuit parks; they get crowded)
April and May (northern circuit parks still get quite a few visitors)
June to October (Little to no rainfall)
March and April (Peak of Wet season)
June to October – Dry Season:
– June and July are the best months to see the wildebeest migration.
– Animals are easier to spot since they concentrate around waterholes and rivers and there is less vegetation.
– There are fewer mosquitoes because there is little to no rain; skies are clear and most days are sunny.
– Even though most tourists visit during the Dry season. The parks still don’t feel crowded, except for the Seronera area in the Serengeti and the Ngorongoro Crater.
– Mornings and nights get cold. It’s recommended to bring warm clothing for morning game drives in open vehicles during June, July, and August.
November to May – Wet Season:
– Late January to February is the time to see the calving in the southern Serengeti, and an excellent time to see predator action.
– The scenery is green and beautiful; it’s low season, meaning lower rates and less crowded parks.
– Although wildlife is easier to spot in the Dry season, you’ll still see plenty and most northern circuit parks offer good year-round wildlife viewing.
– Migratory birds are present, and bird watching is at its best.
– Except for March, April, and May, rains are mostly short afternoon showers and seldom harm your trip
– March to May is the peak of the Wet season
– Most big wildlife has migrated out of Tarangire National Park
BEST TIME FOR TANZANIA SAFARIS
The Serengeti and the Ngorongoro Crater offer good wildlife viewing throughout the year. June and July are the best months for seeing the migration, and February is the best month for the wildebeest calving. The dry months offer good wildlife viewing throughout Tanzania. Tarangire National Park is best visited in the Dry season, from June to October.
Ngorongoro Crater Area – Excellent Time Throughout the Year: Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Serengeti National Park – June to October Excellent Time; November to February Good Time; March to May Fair Time: Serengeti National Park
Tarangire National Park – July to October Excellent Time; June & November Good Time; December to May Fair Time: Tarangire National Park
Lake Manyara National Park – June to October Excellent Time; November to February Good Time; March to May Fair Time: Lake Manyara National Park